Thursday, 21 October 2010

Sentences 4.5-6

It's time to get back to this after having moved flats and then waiting an unbearable amount of time for my internet connection to catch up with me! These things happen.

Let me look at the next sentence:

A tí da chet? Da tí yodna pokan chân

Q. What is that? A. That is a teapot.

The word for that is feminine da, so we already know the gender of the object (useful, that!) The word for pot is poka. In the sentence above it is in the accusative case. Followed by the word chân, tea, also in the accusative case it becomes teapot, pot of tea. The feminine indefinite article yodna does not have the accusative ending.

The enforced lack of access to the internet has not been without benefits. I found a copy of TY Turkish and took some notes from that. What an interesting language that one is: on the edge of Europe yet different from anything else around it.

Also I have started making a list of words and meanings found in this language. It has begun in the last week. I think it will effect how I see words joining together and creating new ones in this language.

No comments:

Post a Comment