Saturday, 22 September 2012

Conlang Relay 19 Paragraph One

I see my connection to Blogspot has fixed itself.  I can start posting on a translation exercise that I've recently finished.  I was working on a translation of Amanda Babcock Furrow's Merechi text.  The first papagraph reads as follows:


Ten ve âte yilí botí nirúmbe benas. Údnon premye habot ve kashte “Gak súda petten âyet nisha bena?”
Tal ve bonte “Na'dâ ve kawiden shame.”

To translate:

Ten ve âte yilí botí nirúmbe benas.
There were two rocks on the slope of a mountain.
3s.neuter non-present  be-at.past two.plural rock.plural locative.slope.dative mountain.genitive.

Údnon premye habot ve kashte “Gak súda petten âyet nisha bena?”
Once the first rock said, "I wonder what is beyond the mountain?"
one.neuter first rock non-present say.past guess self.genitive what.accusative be-at.present locative.beyond mountain.dative.

Tal ve bonte “Na'dâ ve kawiden shame.”
The other answered, "We shall never know.
other non-present answer.past 1p.here non-present future.know.plural never.

No comments:

Post a Comment