Sunday, 16 May 2010

Sentence # 1

I took a hiatus from this blog while I made new notes from two new grammars that I have bought: Living French and TY Italian. The notes are now finished although I haven't assimilated them yet. There is new material that I haven't included into the preposition list.

To resume activity I shall start revising the first dialogue.

The first sentence is Ei chomú-dâ kú piras.

Ei is a common word in the language. It marks the topic in a sentence, usually something that can be sensed by the speaker. In this case it is translated as 'there is'. In other sentences it can be used for 'about' or 'for'. It is included as a preposition. In this case it takes the place of a verb.

chomú means 'who', and with the ending it means 'someone'. The ending means the person is unknown.

is another preposition. It means 'at a location'. It is followed by the genitive case.

piras, 'door'. The -as ending marks it as a feminine noun in the genitive case.

No comments:

Post a Comment