Monday, 16 February 2009

At the beginning he said...

Late in the piece I decided to take out a blogger account to record the development of the eclectic imaginary language that I have been designing these last few years.

My rules are:

Go through the contents of all my Teach Yourself Lx books; English University Press and Hodder & Staughton and pick out all the features that are listed as irregular or words of that language.

Put them together as the grammar of a new language and attempt to harmonise them into a whole.

See what results.

Already I have made lists. I have started on verbs. Currently I'm going through a list of prepositions. My next goal is to give myself a write-up of case endings for nouns to go with the prepositions.

Let's see where I go from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment